Skroutz S.A. is a dominant eCommerce brand which operates the leading price comparison engine in Greece. Founded in 2005 by engineers and based in Athens with subsidiary companies in the UK and Turkey, we are committed to modern software development and the evolution of eCommerce platforms, driven by the ambition to achieve extraordinary accomplishments.
In Skroutz we do things a certain way - the Skroutz Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do here - it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We Restlessly Innovate
We are Collaborative and Respectful
We are Highly Committed
We Continuously Challenge our Boundaries
People are the future of our business and we really have big ideas. It’s our people that can turn these ideas into reality and make the difference.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer with a strong technical background and a “get-things-done” attitude who are eager to learn new technologies.
Examples of work you might undertake:
- Collaborate with experienced engineers and designers to build new products
- Improve existing features in order to maintain user experience in a high level
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and communicate front-end best practices
- Optimize workflows in order to minimise friction and speed up repetitive tasks
- Create and adapt a codebase capable of supporting quick prototyping and development cycles
- Participate in usability tests, ship experiments and study metrics to identify flaws and enhance features performance
Examples of work engineers at Skroutz have done in the past:
- We have developed our own style guide to facilitate consistency when developing new features
- We designed and implemented our own Design System based on atomic design to build things fast and in a consistent way
- Adapted our existing web design to a responsive layout to enhance the experience of our large mobile audience
- Constantly monitor our front-end stack from the performance perspective across all devices
- Re-implemented our fashion layout to allow users previewing large images providing a better browsing experience
- Play with modern CSS3 techniques to provide rich user experience
What Skills and Experience you Will Need:
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Passion for good markup
- Familiarity with UX design principles and methodologies
- At least (1) year of working experience in a professional setting
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit
We Will Appreciate if You Have:
- Knowledge of any CSS preprocessor and/or framework
- An eye for detail and a sense of design
- Experience with a JS MVC Framework
- Having worked with a version control system (preferably git)
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great office benefits.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical plan.
- Breakfast and lunch (optional).
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and trainings.