Software Engineer, Merchants Engineering Team
Skroutz is an award winning digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as www.scrooge.co.uk in the UK.
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovative platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a strong technical background and a “get-things-done” attitude to join our Partners' Engineering team.
Examples of Work Engineers at Skroutz Have Done in the Past:
- We implemented our own in house data analytics system in order to measure the real impact of Skroutz use to the end users’ buying behavior.
- We re-wrote the Greek and Turkish stemmer plugins for ElasticSearch to provide better search results to our users.
- Our huge MongoDB data crunching application was replaced with the ELK stack and integrated in our management platform.[ruby-on-rails]
- We wrote a clustering and classification algorithm based on NLP principles that classifies more than 1M products / month with remarkable accuracy.
- We introduced Kafka to our infrastructure to facilitate distributed stream processing and messaging operations.
- Our product reviewing system was re-evaluated from ground up and through quick prototyping and A/B testing we managed to double the conversion rate of user reviews.
- We continuously refactor and optimize our code in order to achieve great performance under massive traffic.
Examples of Work you Might Undertake:
- Help improve our web applications aimed for our partners and provide valuable tools to our customers for managing their products and brands inside Skroutz.
- Provide useful data analytics for the shop’s products impact and conversion rates in Skroutz.
- Extend our billing system by implementing new billing strategies and fraud detection procedures to maintain a high quality and flexible service.
- Enhance our support operation procedures.
- Help in facilitating shops' integration to Skroutz.
What Skills and Experience you Will Need:
- At least 3 years of working experience as a software engineer in a professional setting.
- A solid CS background.
- Intrigued by the product as much as by the technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
We Will Appreciate if You Have:
- Good knowledge of Ruby / Ruby on Rails is a huge plus.
- Solid understanding of web architecture.
- Knowledge of Python or any other scripting language.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems.
- Familiarity with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Comfort in TDD and web best practices.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, performance-intensive web application.
- Open Source projects or contributions.
Any links to open source contributions or code you have written will help us with the evaluation process.
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great benefits.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical plan.
- Breakfast and lunch (optional).
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and training.
Disclaimer: Skroutz collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are bound to use the information provided within your job application for recruitment purposes only and not to share these with any third parties. We will keep you resume in our database for any future consideration. In case you want to be deleted from our database you can contact us at [email protected]