Skroutz is an award winning digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as www.scrooge.co.uk in the UK.
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovative platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer with a strong technical background and a “get-things-done” attitude who are eager to learn new technologies to join our engineering team.
Examples of work you might undertake:
- Collaborate with experienced engineers and designers to build new products
- Improve existing features in order to maintain user experience in a high level
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and communicate front-end best practices
- Optimize workflows in order to minimise friction and speed up repetitive tasks
- Create and adapt a codebase capable of supporting quick prototyping and development cycles
- Participate in usability tests, ship experiments and study metrics to identify flaws and enhance features performance
Examples of work engineers at Skroutz have done in the past:
- We are migrating our view layer to ReactJS/Redux architecture
- We have developed our own component library in ReactJS and storybook
- Constantly monitor our front-end stack from the performance perspective across all devices
- Utilised modern CSS3 techniques to provide rich user experience
- We have developed our own style guide to facilitate consistency when developing new features
- We designed and implemented our own Design System based on atomic design to build things fast and in a consistent way
- Adapted to a responsive, mobile-first layout to enhance the experience of our large mobile audience
What Skills and Experience you Will Need:
- At least (1) year of working experience in a professional setting
- Good knowledge of UX design principles and methodologies
- Ability to propose, design and develop new and existing components
- Passion for clean markup
- Intrigued by the product as much as by the technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit
We Will Appreciate if You Have:
- Experience with state management libraries (preferably Redux)
- Comfort in TDD and other testing practices
- Familiar with HTTP protocol and APIs
- Having worked with a version control system (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of any CSS preprocessor and/or framework
- An eye for detail and a sense of design
- Contribution to open-source projects. Any links to open source contributions or code you have written will help us with the evaluation process.
Technologies We Use:
- HTML, CSS
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- MariaDB, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, memcached
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great benefits.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical plan.
- Breakfast and lunch (optional).
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and training.
Disclaimer: Skroutz collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are bound to use the information provided within your job application for recruitment purposes only and not to share these with any third parties. We will keep you resume in our database for any future consideration. In case you want to be deleted from our database you can contact us at [email protected]