FullStack Software Engineer
Skroutz is an awarded digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as two international projects in Turkey (www.alve.com) and the UK (www.scrooge.co.uk).
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovational platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to join our Engineering team in one of our Product Teams, responsible for industry or country specific solutions.
The right candidate should have a good technical background, a “get-things-done” attitude and enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
Examples of Work You Might Undertake
- Collaborate with experienced engineers, designers and others (such as members of Communication, Commercial and/or Content teams) to build new features or products.
- Improve existing features in order to maintain user experience in a high level.
- Build new solutions for specialised problems or ecommerce industries (fashion, sports etc.).
- Study production metrics to identify flaws and enhance feature performance.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate user experience and conversion experiments.
- Apply latest Front-End technologies (React, Webpack, ES6, CSS Grid etc.).
- Continuously refactor and optimize code in order to achieve great performance under massive traffic (~1M sessions daily).
Examples of work engineers at Skroutz have done in the past:
- Our product reviewing system was re-evaluated from ground up and through quick prototyping and A/B testing we managed to double the conversion rate of user reviews.
- We designed and implemented our own Design System based on atomic design to build things fast and in a consistent way.
- Constantly monitor our front-end stack from the performance perspective across all devices.
- We decoupled Front-End from Back-End constraints in order to provide adaptable solutions for categories with different needs.
- We implemented and provided a discount detection system based on the products price history using Kafka.
What Skills and Experience You Will Need
- Fundamental knowledge of Computer Science and Programming.
- Basic knowledge of Ruby or strong knowledge in another scripting language.
- Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails or strong knowledge in another MVC framework.
- Solid understanding of web architecture.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- At least (1) a year of working experience in a professional setting.
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit.
We Will Appreciate if You Have
- Experience in UI design is a plus.
- Familiarity with JS design patterns / modern JS frameworks.
- Familiarity with CSS design patterns / modern CSS frameworks.
- Familiarity with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Comfortable with TDD and other testing practices.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. What matters most is real-world experience in production systems, strong technical background, and eagerness to learn, build, and grow.
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great office benefits
- Private Health Insurance Plan
- Breakfast and Lunch (optional)
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development
- Sponsored conference and seminar attendance
- A variety of company activities