Software Engineer, eCommerce Team
Skroutz is an award winning digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as www.scrooge.co.uk in the UK.
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovative platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our eCommerce team. The team is responsible for building and operating our Marketplace solution called “Smart Cart”.
The right candidate should have a good technical background, a “get-things-done” attitude and enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
Examples of Work You Might Undertake
- Optimize all steps of an eCommerce funnel and integrate new features.
- Improve existing features and integrate them into as many product categories as possible.
- Build efficient back-end systems following best practices.
- Optimize workflows in order to minimize friction and speed up repetitive tasks.
- Study KPIs in order to identify flaws and enhance feature performance.
What Skills and Experience You Will Need
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one modern web programming language.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Understanding of CSS principles.
- Solid understanding of web architecture.
- Basic experience working with Linux.
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit.
We Will Appreciate if You Have
- Knowledge of Ruby / Ruby on Rails is a huge plus.
- Experience in UI design is a plus.
- Familiarity with JS design patterns / modern JS frameworks.
- Familiarity with CSS design patterns / modern CSS frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems.
- Familiarity with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Comfortable with TDD and other testing practices.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. What matters most is real-world experience in production systems, strong technical background, and eagerness to learn, build, and grow.
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great benefits
- Private Health Insurance Plan
- Breakfast and Lunch (optional)
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development
- Sponsored conference and seminar attendance