Skroutz is an award winning digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as www.scrooge.co.uk in the UK.
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovative platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking for a talented Android Developer who will take our mobile apps to the next level.
You will be working closely with our expanding engineering and designing teams and you will help with building some of our next generation applications/features.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, loves crafting excellent code and is passionate about:
- Design: Make every pixel (and sub-pixel) perfect with every transition accurate and responsive.
- Performance: Provide the fastest mobile experience to our users.
- Reliability: Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews.
- Innovation: Envision entire new products, features, and flows that are inspired, considered, and magical.
What You Will Do:
- Prototype and develop scalable and reliable mobile applications.
- Αrchitect, develop and maintain our Android apps.
- Εnsure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the apps.
- Participate in the team that designs new features.
What Skills and Experience you Will Need:
- Deep understanding of Java and OO design principles.
- Passion for readable, maintainable and performant object-oriented Java code.
- At least 2 years experience as a mobile developer.
- Experienced with Android development tools.
- Expert understanding of common software engineering practices (Git, Unit Testing, CI).
- Good knowledge of the Android SDK (Android Components, Lifecycles, Layouts, Fragments, Animations & Drawables).
- Expert knowledge of asynchronous programming.
- Experience developing highly performant Java code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- Fluent with web service architectures: JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with modern Android architectures (MVP, MVVM).
- Understanding of design & UI thinking.
- We expect you to have a proven track record of building Android apps (publicly available in Google Play). Please show us what else you've built/contributed (e.g. Github account).
Knowledge of general software design patterns as well as Android design patterns.
Extra Points if You Have:
- Optimization of data usage over mobile networks.
- Knowledge of Reactive/Functional programming and Kotlin programming language.
- Knowledge of SQLite.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and practices.
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great benefits.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical plan.
- Breakfast and lunch (optional).
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and training.
Disclaimer: Skroutz collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are bound to use the information provided within your job application for recruitment purposes only and not to share these with any third parties. We will keep you resume in our database for any future consideration. In case you want to be deleted from our database you can contact us at [email protected]