Skroutz is an award winning digital brand committed to modern software development and creating top notch eCommerce solutions. Our company operates www.skroutz.gr, the leading product & price comparison engine in Greece, as well as www.scrooge.co.uk in the UK.
We are a team of young, passionate and restless tech aficionados that tackle the challenges of creating a wide range of user-oriented software solutions, involving a multitude of environments and innovative platforms.
Our belief is that we can make online shopping a flawless experience for everyone by empowering consumers and merchants with the necessary intuitive technologies. We achieve that by committing to modern software development and by actively creating bleeding edge eCommerce offerings and high performance web pages.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for Software Engineers with a strong technical background and a “get-things-done” attitude who are eager to learn new technologies.
Examples of Work Engineers at Skroutz Have Done in the Past:
- We re-wrote the Greek and Turkish stemmer plugins for ElasticSearch to provide better search results to our users.
- Our huge MongoDB data crunching application was replaced with the ELK stack and integrated in our management platform.
- We wrote a clustering and classification algorithm based on NLP principles that classifies more than 1M products / month with remarkable accuracy.
- Our product reviewing system was re-evaluated from ground up and through quick prototyping and A/B testing we managed to double the conversion rate of user reviews.
- Based on data analysis of user behaviour when browsing fashion products we improved the UI to display large images and size/color information and thus greatly increasing our customer's conversion rate and user satisfaction.
- By measuring user engagement throughout the application we redesigned user-related pages and by joining forces with the marketing department, we increased our logged-in users percentage twofold.
- We built an ecommerce platform from the ground up, enabling users to buy products directly from Skroutz, while introducing a completely new business model for the company.
Examples of Work you Might Undertake:
- Take over our new shiny APIv3 implementation, enhance it with more endpoints while closely monitoring its performance and keeping it up to date with our web application.
- Help "Mo", our intelligent product feed updater, become even more intelligent when updating products.
- Improve our web applications aimed for our partners and provide our customers with valuable tools for managing their products and brands in Skroutz.
- Build and maintain internal tools used to increase at developer productivity and employee happiness.
- Participate in a dedicated team that will build country-specific features (Alve.com, Scrooge.co.uk).
- Help take our new ecommerce platform to the next level to provide users the easiest and best possible purchasing experience.
What Skills and Experience you Will Need:
- At least 3 years of working experience as a software engineer in a professional setting.
- A solid CS background.
- Intrigued by the product as much as by the technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
We Will Appreciate if You Have:
- Good knowledge of Ruby / Ruby on Rails is a huge plus.
- Solid understanding of web architecture.
- Knowledge of Python or any other scripting language.
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems.
- Familiarity with OOP principles and design patterns.
- Comfort in TDD and other testing practices.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, performance-intensive web application.
- Contributed in open-source projects.
Any links to open source contributions or code you have written will help us with the evaluation process.
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, memcached
- HTML, CSS
What We Offer:
- A modern workplace environment with great benefits.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Private medical plan.
- Breakfast and lunch (optional).
- Access to books and resources for professional and personal development.
- Opportunities to attend conferences and training.
Disclaimer: Skroutz collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are bound to use the information provided within your job application for recruitment purposes only and not to share these with any third parties. We will keep you resume in our database for any future consideration. In case you want to be deleted from our database you can contact us at [email protected]